Navratna Kurma is a Delicious gravy with combination of Nine vegetables.It is a very popular dish in North India. You can add your choice of vegetables.It is a Excellent Combination with plain Parotta & Roti.
Chopped vegetables-2cups (combination of Carrot,beans,peas,beetroot,paneer,potato,gobi,Tomato)
Cashew - 10
Onion- 1 (optional)
Chilli powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Garam masala-1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
Curry leaves-1 arc
Butter or oil-2 tsp
Salt- To taste
Coconut milk - 1cup(small)
1. Heat the pressure cooker,add butter. Add onion,green chilli,curry leaves,saute well.
2. Add ginger garlic paste,saute well.Add chopped vegetables & cashew fry until the raw smell goes.
3. Add chilli powder,turmeric powder,garam masala & salt.mix well.
4. Add chopped Tomato,saute until it will become soft.
5. Pour 2 cups of water,pressure cook for 4 whistles.
6. Finally pour coconut milk,allow it to cook for 2 min.
7. Garnish with coriander serve hot with Roti.
Wishing you and your family a very happy and prosperous New Year
Thank you ASRA for passing this beautiful Award for me
Today I had decided on bread pudding because my son is keep on asking some desserts.I got this recipe from Priya's Easy N Tasty recipes . This pudding is pretty easy, I made small changes to the recipe. Instead of vanilla essence i used Pineapple essence. It came out really good.Here my recipe
Pineapple essence-1 1/2 tsp
Sugar for Caramel- 3 tsp
Walnuts- 3 tsp(crushed into pieces)
Badam flakes- 2 tsp( for decoration)
1. Put bread to soak in milk until it completely soft.Then smash fully.
2. Add essence,sugar & walnuts,mix properly.
3. Heat the pan add sugar,mix until it turns brown.Add 3 tsp of water,mix well.
4. Take a flat vessel,pour caramel,allow it to spread to entire vessel.
5. Now pour the bread mixture,cover with aluminum foil,make 4-5 holes in that.
6. Pressure cook with out using cooker weight for 30 min.
7. Wait until pudding is completely cool,Keep it inside the refrigerator for 1 hr.
8. Cut into pieces,decorate with almonds,serve cold.
Priya from Priyas Recipes passed this Xmas card & Thank you card.Thanks a lot priya for remembering me.
Wish you a happy Christmas to everyone.
Fish - 1/2 kg
Tamarind - Lemon size
Chilli powder - 3 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - To taste
For seasoning :
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds -1/4 tsp
Ginger - 1 small piece
Garlic - 3 flakes
1. Wash & clean the Fish with little Crystal salt.
2. Soak the tamarind with 1/4 cup of hot water for 15 min,Strain the water.
3. Add salt & turmeric powder to Tamarind water,Mash tomatoes in it.
4. Add chilli powder in it.Adjust salt & spicy according to your taste.
5. Heat the oil in pan,add seasoning ingredients,fry for a min.
6. Add onion,saute till it turns golden brown.
7. Add tamarind water,allow it to cook in medium flame.(5-10min)
8. Add fish allow it to cook for 2 min.
9. Garnish with coriander,serve with rice.
Chicken- 1/2 kg
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - arc
Coriander leaves -little
Salt - To taste
Chilli powder- 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Pepper powder -1 /4 tsp
Coriander powder- 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Curd - 3 tsp
1. Wash & clean the chicken & Marinate chicken using masala powders & curd for 30 min.
2. Chop onion & tomato into pieces.
3. Add little water,Pressure cook chicken for 5 whistles.
4. Heat 2 tsp of oil in pan,add onions ,curry leaves & saute till golden brown.
5. Add tomatoes,saute till it will become soft.
6. Add garam masala & boiled chicken,mix well.
7. Add required water,cover with lid & reduce the flame.
8. Allow it to cook for 4-5 min, Garnish with coriander .
9. Serve hot with Roti or Rice.
Pineapple & Orange both are good source of Vitamin C. Pineapple is enriched with vitamins, Minerals, Fibers help in maintaining ideal weight and balanced Nutrition.This is one of my favorite combination.Instead of sugar i used honey because sugar will destroy the vitamins in juice.
Pineapple pieces -1 cup
Honey 2-3 tsp
Water - 2 cups
Ice cubes- 4-5
1. Blend all together in a blender to a smooth mixture.
2. Strain the juice.
3. Serve the juice chilled.
I am sending this Sanghi Fall In Love(FIL)- Fruits
My Grandma will prepare all mixed rices(Kalavai sadam) during Kaanum Pongal(4th day of Pongal festival).But i like to Eat only this rice in my childhood.Flavorful & Tasty one.I can remember in my college days my friend Hema will bring coconut rice along with Cauliflower kurma.We finish that full box with in a minute.It will goes well with pickle,pappad or Thuvaiyal.You can prepare this rice with Minimum ingredients available in ur kitchen. This is very good choice for lunch box. You can prepare this with in a minute if u have Shredded Coconut in hand.I added ginger,it will help for digestion.If u don't like u can avoid this.
Cooked rice - 1 cup
Shredded coconut- 1/2 cup
Channa dal- 1/2 tsp
Urad dal -1/2 tsp
Groundnuts- 5 tsp
Ginger-1/2 tsp (finely chopped )
Cashews - 3 tsp (optional)
Salt- To taste
1. Heat the pan with 2 tsp of oil,add all seasoning ingredients.
2. Saute till it turns golden brown.
3. Now add required salt & mix well.
4. Add cooked rice,mix slowly.
5. Serve along with pappad or ur choice of any gravy.
I am sending this Recipe to EFM - Variety rice series conducted by SriLekha
I am really Happy to share this news with my Blogger friends. Indian Cooking Blogs selected my blog for
Blog of the week section. I am so happy.Thanks a lot those who Nominated my blog for this section.
Rohini share this Awards with me.Thanks a lot Rohini.
Anncoo from Anncoo's Hobby Pass this award to me.Thank you so much Anncoo.
I like pass to this award with some of my blogger friends
Friends please collect ur Awards
Rava idli is a Popular breakfast in south india especially in Bangalore.I love rava idlies.But i never tried before marriage at home.I used to Prepare MTR ready mix.After 3-4 trails i got this recipe.Now i make it quite regulary.This is an Instant one(no fermentation) can be prepare easily.You can make it healthier by adding Vegetables to your choice.I am using here Grated carrots & finely chopped coriander.Having 3-4 idlies u can feel ful.Best combo with this is Mint chutney or coconut chutney.
Rava- 1 cup
Curd-1 1/2 cup
Grated carrot-1/4 cup
Chopped coriander-1/4 cup
Urad dal-1/ tsp
Channa dal-1/2 tsp
1. Dry roast rava until it will become golden brown.
2. Heat 2 tsp of oil,add seasoning ingredients.fry well.
3. Add sal & soda in curd mix well,add roasted rava,carrot & coriander.
4. Add seasoning ingredients mix well.Kepp it aside for 20-30 min.
5. If it is too thick add little water.
6. Pour the batter in greased Idly plate.
7. Allow it to cook for 15 min.
8. Remove from plate serve hot with mint or coconut chutney.
Menaga from SASHIGA Shared this Award with me.Thanks a lot Menaga.I want to share this Award with All my Blogger friends.So please accept this award.
This is a simple sandwich made with any type of chesse. This is something i make often at home almost every week.Because my son is Crazy about sandwiches. You can use any combination of veggies as per your taste.simple and filling sandwich recipe here for you
Sweet corn -1/2 cup
Grated cheese-1/2 cup
Bread slices -6
Mix the corn, cheese and pepper. Apply butter in one side of bread,Roast it.Spread some on a bread slice and cover it with another Roasted bread. Press well so that the corn doesn't spill out. Spread a little butter on both sides of the bread and grill it or cook on tava.Serve hot.
Sending this to RV Food for 7 stages of life Kids special event & sudeshna's cook like a bong.
Cooking for kids hosted by Lakshmi venkatesh & Sharmi
Mint/Pudina- 1 bunch
Urad dal -4 tsp
Shredded coconut- 2 tsp
Tamarind - little
Mustard- 1/2 tsp
Urad dal -1/2 tsp
1. Heat 2 tsp of oil in pan,Add chilli ,saute & keep it aside.
2. Add urad dal & tamarind saute until it will become golden colour.
3. Now add mint leaves fry till the raw smell goes.
4. Add salt & coconut, grind the above ingredients into smooth paste.
5. After seasoning serve with Idly or Dosa.
I am sending this chutney to srivalli's Spicy Fiery Chutney event.I am re-posting some
Ridge guard chutney
Ground nut chutney
Award Time :
Asha from Asra ashaon ka Showered me with awards.I am so excited. Thanks a lot for your encouragement and support Asha.I am so happy to receive these awards.
I want to share this Inspiration Award with my friend Lavi .
Priya from Priya's feast passed this award for participating her Diwali contest 2009.
Soya chunks Curry:
Soya chunks are rich in protein & low fat food.It's vegetarian meat.It blends in easily in all types of dishes & absorbs their flavour.It can be used as a substitute for paneer,Vegetables and Meat.
After Panner & baby corn i love this.It's helps in physical growth for children.Regular intake keeps you energetic & active.It provides essential Amino acids and light & easy to digest.
Grated coconut-1/2 cup
Fried gram dal-4 tsp
Fennel seeds/sombu- 1 tsp
Gasgasa- 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Salt -To taste
1. Add salt in hot water pour into soya chunks, wait for 15 min.
2. Squeeze them & add cold water,squeeze it again.
3. Grind Red chilli,Coconut,gasgasa,fennel seeds,fried gram into smooth paste.
4. Heat the pan,add onion,green chilli,curry leaves & ginger garlic paste.
5. Fry until the onion cooks,add turmeric & salt,saute well.
6. Add tomatoes, saute until it will become soft.
7. Now add grounded paste,fry for 2 min.
8. Add soya chunks,mix well.
9. Add required water,allow it to cook for another 10 min.
10. Serve hot with Poori or Roti.
Babli From KHANA MASALA shared these lovely awards with me.
Sangeetha Subhash from Kothiyavunu shared this Kreativ blogger Award with me.
Thanks a lot for sharing these lovely Awards with me.Thanks for your encouragement .It's Motivate me to do it well.Thanks so much Sangeetha & Babli.