Soya chunks Curry:
Soya chunks are rich in protein & low fat food.It's vegetarian meat.It blends in easily in all types of dishes & absorbs their flavour.It can be used as a substitute for paneer,Vegetables and Meat.
After Panner & baby corn i love this.It's helps in physical growth for children.Regular intake keeps you energetic & active.It provides essential Amino acids and light & easy to digest.
Grated coconut-1/2 cup
Fried gram dal-4 tsp
Fennel seeds/sombu- 1 tsp
Gasgasa- 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Salt -To taste
1. Add salt in hot water pour into soya chunks, wait for 15 min.
2. Squeeze them & add cold water,squeeze it again.
3. Grind Red chilli,Coconut,gasgasa,fennel seeds,fried gram into smooth paste.
4. Heat the pan,add onion,green chilli,curry leaves & ginger garlic paste.
5. Fry until the onion cooks,add turmeric & salt,saute well.
6. Add tomatoes, saute until it will become soft.
7. Now add grounded paste,fry for 2 min.
8. Add soya chunks,mix well.
9. Add required water,allow it to cook for another 10 min.
10. Serve hot with Poori or Roti.
Babli From KHANA MASALA shared these lovely awards with me.
Sangeetha Subhash from Kothiyavunu shared this Kreativ blogger Award with me.
Thanks a lot for sharing these lovely Awards with me.Thanks for your encouragement .It's Motivate me to do it well.Thanks so much Sangeetha & Babli.
Tomato thokku is a very common gravy made out of Tomatoes and Onion.It is a delicious side dish.When tomatoes are abundant and cheap in the market,this is the First thing that comes into mind.It is an all purpose curry.It goes well with Roti,Idly,Dosa, Rice and Bread.Tangy,spicy tomato thokku is something that I love,after marriage i found that its my Husband's favorite too.. so Every week i prepare this one.
Chilli powder-1 tsp
Turmeric Powder-1/4 tsp
Curry leaves-1 arc
1. Heat the pan with 1/2 cup of oil.
2. Add Mustard & curry leaves,once it pop up add chopped onions.
3. Saute well,once it will become golden brown add turmeric,chilli powder and salt.
4. Saute well till the raw smell goes.
5. Now add chopped tomatoes,fry well until it will become soft.
6. Cover with lid cook till oil comes from curry.
7. Serve hot with Idly,Dosa,Rice or Roti.
You can store this for a week in Refrigerator.
Babli & Raje have Showered me With this Awards.I have to thank them for their encouragement by passing these Awards.Thanks for Thinking about me & Sharing the beautiful Awards with me.I am so Happy to Receive this award from you.
I am Happy to receive Giant bear hug from Babli.
Raje sent this Beautiful Presentation Award.Thank you Raje
Badam halwa is a rich & Delicious dessert. My memories of halwa go a long way back . Halwa is one regular sweet which is Favorite to every one at Home. Every year my mother used to prepare Wheat halwa or White Pumpkin Halwa(Poosani). She used to prepare Minimum three variety of Sweet & snacks a week before Diwali . Me and My brother used to eat snacks & sweets instead of regular food. This is one of my own experiments which turned out to big success.Here my recipe
Badam - 100g
Sugar - 100g
Milk - 1cup
Ghee - 2 table spoon
Cardamom - 2
- Soak the almonds in hot water for 7-8 hrs.
- Peel the skin off the almonds. Blend the almonds into a fine paste using just enough milk as needed to blend.
- Add the sugar and whip it for a couple of minutes.
- Heat the ghee in the frying pan on low-medium heat.
- As the ghee melts, add the almond paste and cook on medium heat, stirring continuously.
- Continue stirring until the mixture thickens to the consistency of bread batter, and starts leaving the sides of the pan.
7. Add the cardamom powder. Remove the frying pan from the heat.
8. Pour it into the prepared greased pan.
9. Smoothen the surface of the mixture to about a quarter inch thick.
10. Let cool for about 30 minutes until it is just look warm.
11. Cut them into slices,keep it in refrigerator.
I am sending this recipe to Priya's Diwali 2009 contest & sireesha's Sweet series and
Purva's Diwali dhamaka & Sanghi's FIL-Ghee Event
Wish u a Happy & Prosperous Diwali to Every one
I am Happy to receive a beautiful Award from my blogger friend Prasu.
I am very happy to receive this Award. Thank you so much Prasu for sharing this Award with me
I would like to share this Award with All my Blogger friends.It came with fun Meme.
Here is the meme part:
1. Where is your cell phone: Laptop table
2. Your hair: Black
3. Your mother: Sivakamasundari
4. Your father: Sambandam
5. Your favorite food: Southern Indian
6. Your dream last night: Forgot it
7. Your favorite drink: Badam milk
8. Your dream/goal: Secret
9. What room are you in: Bedroom
10. Your hobby: Reading books
11. Your fear: Water
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years: God only knows
13. Where were you last night: Home
14. Something you aren’t: Lassey
15. Muffins: Sometimes i will eat
16. Wish list item: Nothing
17. Where did you grow up: Chennai
18. Last thing you did: Feeding food for my son
19. What are you wearing: Night pant,T shirt
20. Your TV: Off
21. Your pets: No
22. Your friends: Many
23. Your life: Interesting
24. Your mood: Happy
25. Missing someone: My hubby
26. Vehicle: No
27. Something you’re not wearing: Sleeve less
28. Your favorite store: Foodworld
29. Your favorite color: Always blue
30. When was the last time you laughed: Today afternoon
31. Last time you cried: Sep 19 th
32. Your best friend: Freekybabes
33. One place that I go over and over: Chennai
34. One person who emails me regularly: My friend
35. Favorite place to eat: Saravana bhavan
Suhiyan is one of our favorite sweet. Usually i will prepare with Channa Dal. This time i tried using coconut.
For filling i followed recipe from my dear friend Lavi
For Outer covering:
Urad Dal- 1 cup
1. Allow it to soak rice & urad dal for 3-4 hrs.
2. Grind into smooth paste.add little salt.
3. The batter should be in exact consistency.(not too thick or thin)
4. Dip the coconut balls in batter one by one,deep fry in oil.
5. When it will turn golden brown,remove from oil serve hot.
I am sending this recipe to following events Kids Delight at Spicing your life
and Jihva Special Editon : The Festive Series. JFS:Diwali .
and Sireesha's Sweet series
and Priya's Feast Diwali contest