Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Coconut Rice and Award Time

Coconut Rice:


IMG_0155 copy


My Grandma will prepare all mixed rices(Kalavai sadam) during Kaanum Pongal(4th day of Pongal festival).But  i like to Eat only this rice in my childhood.Flavorful & Tasty one.I can remember in my college days my friend Hema will bring coconut rice along with Cauliflower kurma.We finish that full box with in a minute.It will goes well with pickle,pappad or Thuvaiyal.You can prepare this rice with Minimum ingredients available in ur kitchen. This is very good choice for lunch box. You can prepare this with in a minute if u have Shredded Coconut in hand.I added ginger,it will help for digestion.If u don't like u can avoid this.

 Ingredients: 

Cooked rice - 1 cup
Shredded coconut- 1/2 cup

For seasoning:

Channa dal- 1/2 tsp
Urad dal -1/2 tsp
Mustard-1/2 tsp
Groundnuts- 5 tsp
Green chilli-4
Ginger-1/2 tsp (finely chopped )
Curry leaves
Cashews - 3 tsp (optional)
Salt- To taste

Preparation method:

1. Heat the pan with 2 tsp of oil,add all seasoning ingredients.
2. Saute till it turns golden brown.
3. Now add required salt & mix well.
4. Add cooked rice,mix slowly.
5. Serve along with pappad or ur choice of any gravy.
IMG_0151 copy


I am sending this Recipe to EFM - Variety rice series  conducted by  SriLekha





I am really Happy to share this news with my Blogger friends. Indian Cooking Blogs selected my blog for
Blog of the week   section. I am so happy.Thanks a lot those who Nominated my blog for this section.

Award Time:

Rohini    share this Awards with me.Thanks a lot Rohini.

fabulousblog

InspirationAward

award2

loveblogaward

Anncoo from Anncoo's Hobby   Pass this award to me.Thank you so much Anncoo.

Appreciation Awards

I  like pass to this award with some of my blogger friends

butterfly_award_jpg1

 Rohini  
Anncoo  
ASRA..ASHAON KA 
Sangeetha subhash 
Priya
Sailaja
Babli 
Raje 
Lavi
Menaga


Friends please collect ur Awards

41 comments:

Urmi said...

Heartiest congratulations to you for all your awards. Thanks for sharing your award with me.
Coconut rice looks delicious. You have taken wonderful picture. I feel like having it now.

ann low said...

Thank so so much for passing this award to me.
The coconut rice looks really delicious. Wonder you have ever tried the Malay rice, is called Nasi Lemak (Nasi means rice and Lemak ~ fragrant). They also use coconut milk to cook the rice and side dish comes with fried fish, fried chicken wing, peanuts and egg...of course with spicy chilli sauce.

Menaga Sathia said...

//I am really Happy to share this news with my Blogger friends. Indian Cooking Blogs selected my blog for
Blog of the week section. I am so happy.Thanks a lot those who Nominated my blog for this section//

congrats selvi

Menaga Sathia said...

தேங்காய் சாதம் மிக அருமையா இருக்கு.போட்டோஸ் சூப்பர்ர்!!

விருது பெற்றமைக்கு வாழ்த்துக்கள்!!மற்றவர்களுக்கும் வாழ்த்துக்கள்!!

எனக்கும் விருது கொடுத்து சந்தோஷபடுத்தியதற்க்கு மிக்க நன்றி செல்வி!!

விரைவில் போஸ்ட் செய்கிறேன்...

Nithya said...

Congrats on your awards.. Rice looks really yummy :) I like the way you have presented in green leaf.. Looks homely and tempting :)

Tina said...

Congrats on ur awards...Coconut rice looks really very delicious....

Suparna said...

absolute heaven! anything coconut flavoured and am in :) good one dear, and big hearty congratulations on ur awards shower :)
TC

Jeyashris Kitchen said...

yummy coconut rice.my fav one.congrats on ur award

kitchen queen said...

Delicious coconut rice, want to grab a spoon and taste it.Congrats on ur awards keep rocking.

priya said...

coconut rice is my fav.....love to have it with potato fry...congrats on ur awards, dear!

Padhu Sankar said...

Yummy coconut rice .Congrats on your awards! I too have coconut rice in my draft .

Mythreyi Dilip said...

Coconut rice looks absolutely delicious, feel like preparing this for lunch. Hearty congratulations on all your awards dear:)

Sailaja Damodaran said...

Congrats & thanks for giving me an award.....i love coconut rice.

Sushma Mallya said...

Lovely pic...Nice rice with peanuts..

Unknown said...

Coconut rice looks delicious.. cant forget these coconut rice...makes me nostalgic..:)
Congraz selvi...and thanks a lot for passing on those awards to me as well...very sweet of you...:)

Raje said...

Coconut rice looks so delicious. Congratulations on all the awards and thanks a lot on sharing with me.

Silpa said...

Perfect coconut rice. my hubby love coconut rice very much.

congrats on award.

Priya Suresh said...

Congrats and thanks for sharing..my favourite coconut rice looks delicious..

Rohini said...

Coconut rice looks perfect dear..I also prefer this rice over other variety rices made for Kaanum pongal.. Esp with broken appalam pieces it tastes heaven!!
Congratulations on your awards buddy and thank you so much for passing it on to me as well!! :)

Raks said...

I too make similar way,I just love this :)

Rekha said...

This is my favorite, looks delicious..

Kanchan said...

Congrats for your awards !
My roomie who was from Chennai used to prepare awesome coconut rice. It was as simple as you mentioned , will try this for sure.

Nandinis food said...

Coconut rice looks delicious and like to have with potato fry. congrats on your awards!

Shanthi Krishnakumar said...

Congrats on your awards. Coconut rice looks perfect and delicious.

Sandhya Hariharan said...

Congratulations on all your awards.. Selvi...
I love Coconut Rice.. Yours is well presented !!

Lavanya Raj said...

Congrads Esai!!

Thanks for passing me the award!

Love ur coconut rice. i always add appalams to it and make it as thengaai appala poo satham:)

sangeeta said...

delicious coconut rice and the rawa idly also looks mouthwatering...
you take awesome pictures...

Ash said...

Hey Selvi,

Thank you for remembering & considering me too.... for this award..... It feels proud to c ur blog selected as the Blog of the Week.... CONGRATS!!!!! Many more happiness to knock at ur doors....

And Yummy rice too....

Ash....
(http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

preethvijay said...

Congrats on ur awards.Nice easy coconut rice recipe.

Velva said...

Your coconut rice looks absolutely delicious! I could easily finish this up in a minute too.

Happy holidays to you.

Namitha said...

Congratulations on the award shower...Delicious coconut rice..lovely presentation :-)

Saritha said...

Congrats for the awards.First time here,u have a lovely blog :)

San!!! said...

Coconut rice is appealing.Like to have them with papad .

suvaiyaana suvai said...

Congrats!!!!!!

my kitchen said...

Thank you friends for your lovely comments & encouragement

Latha said...

Congrats on all your awards....
Coconut rice looks delicious.

Thanks for dropping by my blog and your valuable comments. You have a lovely blog.

Medhaa said...

thanks for visiting my blog. You have lovely blog here. I love this coconut rice. Love your picture

Malar Gandhi said...

Coconut rice looks too good, good to serve on plantain leaf.

Unknown said...

Coconut rice looks very delicious. Congrats on your awards.

Sarah Naveen said...

Coconut rice looks perfect and yummy..
Congrats on all your awards...

Palidor said...

I love coconut rice. It looks so tasty! Congratulations on your awards!

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner