When ever i bored with other chutneys i will prepare this one.It goes well with Idly, Dosa and white rice.I am sending this chutney to Sunita's blog - http://sunitabhuyan.com/?page_id=341 .
Urad dal- 2tsp
1. Peel the outer skin and wash & cut it into small pieces.
2. Heat the pan with 2 tsp of oil,add red chilli,urad dal,tamarind,saute well.
3. Keep it aside and add ridge guard pieces,saute until the raw smell goes.
(it will take 4-5 min)
4. Once it cool,add required salt and Grind into smooth paste.
5. Do the seasoning and serve hot with idly,dosa or rice.