Fish - 1/2 kg
Tamarind - Lemon size
Chilli powder - 3 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - To taste
For seasoning :
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds -1/4 tsp
Ginger - 1 small piece
Garlic - 3 flakes
1. Wash & clean the Fish with little Crystal salt.
2. Soak the tamarind with 1/4 cup of hot water for 15 min,Strain the water.
3. Add salt & turmeric powder to Tamarind water,Mash tomatoes in it.
4. Add chilli powder in it.Adjust salt & spicy according to your taste.
5. Heat the oil in pan,add seasoning ingredients,fry for a min.
6. Add onion,saute till it turns golden brown.
7. Add tamarind water,allow it to cook in medium flame.(5-10min)
8. Add fish allow it to cook for 2 min.
9. Garnish with coriander,serve with rice.