Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Rava Idli & Award time




Rava Idli

IMG_0082 copy

Rava idli is a Popular breakfast in south india especially in Bangalore.I love rava idlies.But  i never tried before marriage at home.I used to Prepare MTR ready mix.After 3-4 trails i got this recipe.Now i make it quite regulary.This is an Instant one(no fermentation) can be prepare easily.You can make it healthier by adding Vegetables to your choice.I am using here Grated carrots & finely chopped coriander.Having 3-4 idlies u can feel ful.Best combo with this is Mint chutney or coconut chutney.

IMG_0079 copy


Ingredients:

Rava- 1 cup
Curd-1 1/2 cup
Salt-To taste
Soda-pinch
Grated carrot-1/4 cup
Chopped coriander-1/4 cup

For seasoning:

Urad dal-1/ tsp
Channa dal-1/2 tsp
Mustard-1/2 tsp
Redchilli-3
Curry leaves
Cashew-10

Preparation method:

1. Dry roast rava until it will become golden brown.
2. Heat 2 tsp of oil,add seasoning ingredients.fry well.
3. Add sal & soda in curd mix well,add roasted rava,carrot & coriander.
4. Add seasoning ingredients mix well.Kepp  it aside for 20-30 min.
5. If it is too thick add little water.
6. Pour the batter in greased Idly plate.
7. Allow it to cook for 15 min.
8. Remove from plate serve hot with mint or coconut chutney.


IMG_0064 copy


Menaga   from  SASHIGA  Shared this Award with me.Thanks a lot Menaga.I want to share this Award with All my Blogger friends.So please accept this award.

best

37 comments:

GEETHA ACHAL said...

ரவா இட்லி சூப்பரோ சூப்பர்ப்..படங்கள் அருமை..

இப்படியா பசியினை கிளப்புவது..பார்க்கும்பொழுதே சாப்பிட மிக மிக ஆசை வந்துவிட்டதே....

priya said...

Rava idli looks so delicious and yummy!!...congrats on your award, dear!..u deserve a lot more!

Tina said...

Healthy and soft idlis...Congrats on ur award...

Nandinis food said...

Our fav Idli with side dish as veg kurma. what a weird combo. Lovely and tempting idlis!

Sushma Mallya said...

That looks really nice,i like rava idli more than rice idli as its full of nuts and u can add anything to it too...

prechasa said...

Rava idli looks so delicious. Colorful chutney too.

Malar Gandhi said...

Whoo looks perfect, like rawa idly with sambar...too good:)

Thanks for those lovely words at my blog, my friend. I truly appreaciate it...visiting my kavithai blog too...means so much from a fellow Tamizhar, infact.

Hmmm, what to say...I can read and talk Tamizh, but can't write!!! its not my second language at school.:(

Sailaja Damodaran said...

superb....nice click

Sumi said...

lovely Idli's.Iam craving for those now.should the rava be coarse or fine?

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!rava idili looks delicious and tempting!love to have it rite now.

my kitchen said...

நன்றி கீதா,

Thank you priya,Tina & Nandini.

Thank you Sushma & prechasa.

Thank you Malar,your poetry are simply superb.

Thank you sriLekha, I will send my entry soon

Thank you Sailaja & Sangeetha

Thank you Sumi.I used Normal upma Rava

Mythreyi Dilip said...

Wow! this is my all time favorite. I love the addition of grated carrot, gives lovely color!

Padma said...

Rava idli looks so soft and fluffy... love to have with some spicy chutney... delicious :)

Vikis Kitchen said...

Rava idly looks cute. Congrats on your award, you deserve more.

Priya Suresh said...

Love rava idlies, my all time fav!

Velva said...

This is one of the most interesting flavor combinations. Quite Nice.

Jeyashris Kitchen said...

nice idlis.and surely a perfect combo with green chutney.

Uma said...

looks so delicious :)

Raks said...

Looks so soft and yum!! Nice recipe!

kitchen queen said...

Nice and soft looking rava idlis.

Bharathy said...

Idlies look moist and soft!..
I havent tried the traditional version, yet..but have tried with MTR mix..should def try your recipe :)

Supriya said...

Rava idli looks nice..g8 photos:) I also make rava idli as it can also be made instantly. Congrats on your award.

Ash said...

Oh! I love rava idlis... steaming idlis are a treat to my tummy, when I am in mood for some....

Ash....
(http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

Urmi said...

I have never taken rawa idli before. Thanks for the lovely, delicious and yummy recipe. Wonderful presentation with mouth watering picture.

Rohini said...

Though I am not a great fan of Rava Idli, your pics are tempting me!!
Btw, Buddy, Please collect your awards from my blog! :)

ann low said...

To show my appreciation for your support, please pick the Award from my place.

Saraswathy Balakrishnan said...

Wow tempting rava idlly Selvi..first time here..a good collection of recipe pa..

Saraswathy Balakrishnan said...

Sorry pa...the last sentence in my previous comment was not for u da...mistaken u for someone else's blog :(

Anupama said...

I like the idea of adding grated carrots to the batter... makes the idlis even more deli :-)

Anonymous said...

nice post friend....!!!!

please visit me back!!!!
Culture of Indonesia

thankzz........

Menaga Sathia said...

ரவா இட்லி ரொம்ப சூப்பரா இருக்கு செல்வி,ஒரு ப்ளேட் ப்ளீஸ்...

Recipeswap said...

wow looks so soft and fluffy.

Namitha said...

Delicious Idli...Congrats on your award...

amna said...

there's something about rava idli that's amazing!! love it!

Prasukitchen.blogspot.com said...

my fav idli ... looks great!!

s said...

very tempting....awesome picture..

malarvizhi said...

this is my favourite dish and my choice for this item is tomato chutney. nice receipe.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner