This is very famous dish in chettinad,taste is awesome with this onion garlic chutney.
you can prepare this using leftover idly or dosa batter also.if u want to prepare something quick,easy and tasty dish u can try this one.
Ingredients for paniyaram:
Idly batter-1 cup
Urad dhal-1/2 tsp
Idly batter is in ratio 4 cups of rice and 1 cup urad dhal.Allow it to soak for 5-6 hrs.Add little menthil(venthayam) along with urad dhal.Grind it into smooth paste.Allow it to ferment the batter overnight.
1. Heat the oil,add mustrad and urad dhal,allow it to popup.
2. Add chopped onions,g.chillies and curry leaves,saute for 2 min.
3. Mix this with batter.
4. Heat the paniyara kadai and fill it with 1/2 tsp of oil.
5. Add a tsp of batter in each portion.
6. Turn both sides and fry.
7. Cook the remaining and serve hot with chutney.
1. Chopp onion and tomato,Grind everything into smooth paste.do the seasoning and
serve along with chettinad kuzhi paniyaram.