Hello friends, I am back with my kitchen recipes.Last month we shifted to our New house.Some what settled here.10 days before only i got net Connection.Last two months i missed ur yummy recipes.I started cooking in my kitchen. Here my All time favorite rasam
Rasam is a spicy soup made out of Tamarind water with spices like pepper & Jeera.Rasam is popular & must in south Indian meals.Without rasam our meal cannot complete. Tomato rasam is one of my favorite rasam. My mom will prepare many varieties like Lemon rasam,Garlic rasam,Kollu rasam,Paruppu rasam(Dal rasam),Milagu rasam & Mysore rasam.I will post these rasam varieties Later. I learnt this rasam from Cook Book written by Malliga Badrinath.I did few changes from her recipe according to my taste.Try this once,I am sure u loves it.
Tamarind - 1/2 cup
Chopped pineapple- 1/2 cup
Pineapple juice - 1/2 cup
Rasam powder- 2 tsp
Tomato - 1
Turmeric Powder- 1/4 tsp
Garlic - 2 flakes
Salt - To taste
Red chilli -3
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Hing -1/4 tsp
Ghee or oil - 2tsp
Preparation method :
1. Add 1/2 cup of water along with chopped pineapple,boil until it will become soft.
2. Mix tamarind water,pine apple juice along with Salt & turmeric powder.
3. Add chopped tomato,Rasam powder,garlic, Coriander leaves & Required water.
4. Heat the ghee,add seasoning ingredients,fry it & add along with rasam.
5. Finally add 1/2 tsp sugar.Allow it to boil & serve with white rice.