Sprouted Moong is nutritious & Rich in protein.It's colorful,Refreshing & Healthy Dish.I will prepare Regularly in my house,because my son loves this.Very quick & easy dish.
Sprouted moong-1 cup
shredded coconut-4 tsp
1. Pressure cook sprout's for 4 whistels.
2. Heat the ghee in pan,add sprout's & Jaggery.Saute for 1 or 2 min.
3. Allow the jaggery melts & mix with sprout's.
4. Add shredded coconut.mix well.
I am sending this recipe to Kids delight http://spicingyourlife.blogspot.com/
Susan’s event page
Navratri During this Nine nights and Ten days Nine Forms of Shakti Devi are Worshiped.Near by My House Kanniga parameshwari Temple is there.They Will do 9 Different Alangarams Everyday during Navratri.
Nine forms of Shakti
* Durga, the inaccessible one
* Amba or Jagadamba, Mother of the universe
* Annapurna, The one who bestows grains (an) in plenty (purna)
* Sarvamangala, The one who gives joy (mangal) to all (sarva)
* Chandika or Chandi
First three days
The goddess is separated as a spiritual force called Durga also known as Kali in order to destroy all our impurities.
Second three days
The Mother is adored as a giver of spiritual wealth, Lakshmi, who is considered to have the power of bestowing on her devotees inexhaustible wealth, as she is the goddess of wealth.
Final three days
The final set of three days is spent in worshipping the goddess of wisdom, Saraswathi. In order to have all-round success in life, believers seek the blessings of all three aspects of the divine femininity, hence the nine nights of worship.(From Wikipedia)
I Prepared Sweet & Kara Sundal for Navratri.
Happy Navratri to All.
Kootu(Semi solid curry made with Lentil and Vegetable) is an important dish in South Indian cooking.It's Simple,Delicious and Healthy part in meal.I am a Big fan of kootu,because it goes well with Sambhar,Rasam,Curd and white rice.It tastes Fantastic With Roti's and White Steamed Rice.Here my recipe
Boiled Channa Dal-1/4 cup
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Chilli powder-1 tsp
Grated Coconut-3 tsp
1. Heat the oil in pan,add Seasoning ingredients,Allow it to pop up.
2. Add chopped onion,saute well.Now add Tomato and saute until it cooks.
3. Now add Turmeric,chilli powder and Salt,Fry until the raw smell goes.
4. Add Chopped Chow chow,saute well.Add 2 cups of water,allow it to cook.
5. Once it cooks well,add boiled Channa Dal,mix well.cook for 2-3 min.
6. Finally add grounded paste,mix well,Allow it to cook for another 2-3 min.
7. Serve hot with Rice or Roti.
Thank you Sangeetha from kothiyavunu , for Nominating Me for Kreative Award. I am so Happy to receive my second Award.It motivates me to do better.Once again Thank you so much Sangeetha.
I am really Happy to receive my First Award from my friend LAVI Home cook recipes
Thank you very much LAVI for giving me this Award.
When ever i bored with other chutneys i will prepare this one.It goes well with Idly, Dosa and white rice.I am sending this chutney to Sunita's blog - http://sunitabhuyan.com/?page_id=341 .
Urad dal- 2tsp
1. Peel the outer skin and wash & cut it into small pieces.
2. Heat the pan with 2 tsp of oil,add red chilli,urad dal,tamarind,saute well.
3. Keep it aside and add ridge guard pieces,saute until the raw smell goes.
(it will take 4-5 min)
4. Once it cool,add required salt and Grind into smooth paste.
5. Do the seasoning and serve hot with idly,dosa or rice.
VenPongal is a Semi Solid dish Usually prepared with Rice and Moong Dal.It is a Common and Popular Breakfast in Tamilnadu.Generally it is Served with Coconut Chutney and Sambhar.But in our side(Chidambaram)we usually Served with Eggplant Ghostu.MeduVada is an Excellent Combination for pongal.It Served as a Special Dish on Occasions like Wedding and also Prasadham during Margazhi Poojas.I Never liked Pongal in my Childhood.
It has been a challenge for my Mother to Make me to eat Pongal.After Marriage only i started to try this dish.Reasons are this can be done Quickly and easily and this is one of My husband's All Time Favorite dish.There are two methods you can prepare this dish,Seasoning After Cooking Rice and Dal and another is Reverse one.I like the Second method only.Because you will get Full flavour in second method.I am sending this one to Priya's RCI-Kongunadu Vegetarian Cuisine.
Moon Dal-1/2 cup
Whole Black Pepper-1 tsp
Green chilli-3(Finely chopped)
Ginger-1/4 inch(Finely chopped)
1. Heat the ghee,add Jeera,pepper,Cashews,Ginger,chilli,Curry leaves and hing.
2. Remove from heat when Cashews are Roasted.
3. Wash rice and Dal,Add 4 cups of water and Required salt.
4. Add the Above mixture with rice and Dal,Mix well.
5. Pressure cook for 10 whistles or keep it in Rice cooker.
6. Once it's cooked mix well and Serve Hot.
Idiyappam is my All time Favorite dish.My Mother will prepare so many varieties like sweet,lemon,Curd,puli Idiyappam.I wanted to try some different variety and Yummy,Quick and Tasty recipe made with instant rice sevai(Idiyappam).It's available in stores(I used Anil Rice Sevai).I added some Veggies and egg to Turn into Quick and Full meal.I am Sure Kids will Love this Dish.I am sending this recipe "Just Not Any Other Dish" conducted by http://cookingdemystified.blogspot.com.
Instant Rice Sevai-200g
Boiled Vegetables-1 cup(Combination of Carrot,Beans and Peas)
Chilli powder-1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
1. Chop onion and chilli in Lengthwise.
2. Put one Big vessel with water to boil,Once the water boils add Instant Sevai.
3. Close with Lid,After 3 min Drain the water,spread it on the plate,keep it aside.
4. Heat the oil,add Mustard,curry leaves and other ingredients.
5. Add chopped onion,chilli and Ginger-garlic paste,fry until the raw smell goes.
6. Add chopped Tomato,saute well.
7. Add Turmeric and chilli powder saute well.Now add Boiled vegetables,mix well.
8. Take another pan,Add 2 tsp oil,break the eggs,spread over the pan,allowed it to
cook.once it cooks make it into small pieces.
9. Now add egg along with vegetables,add required salt and mix well.
10. Now add Boiled Sevai with this,Mix gently.
11. Serve hot.