If u r looking for simple,healthy and comfort food this is very good choice.Rasam is most traditional southindian meals.Its very good for digestion also.Our meals are incomplete without rasam.Hot rasam rice and pappad is very good combination.For seasoning i used ghee instead of oil.It will give nice Aroma.If u want to avoid ghee u can use oil.Just try this once,after that u starts to love this rasam.
Cooked dhal-1/4 cup
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Rasam powder-2 tsp
Red chilli-4(cut into pieces)
1. Soak the tamarind in water for 30 min.Sqeeze the juice from it.
2. Chop tomato into pieces,add along with Tamarind water.
3. Add turmeric powder,salt,rasam powder,coriander leaves and cooked dhal with
4. Heat the ghee in pan,add mustard,curry leaves,Jeera,Red chillies and asafoetida.
5. Add along with tamarind water and allow it to cook.
6. Don't allow it to boil,before itself stopped.
7. Serve hot with rice and pappad.
Grated coconut- 1cup
Fried gram dhal-1/4 cup
Urad dhal-1/2 tsp
1. Grind above ingredients into smooth paste.
2. Heat the oil,add seasoning ingredients.
3. Allow it to pop up,mix with chutney.
4. Serve along with idly,dosa or upma.
This one u can prepare it with in a min.when ever u want to prepare something quick and tasty tiffen u can try this.I like to eat this dosa with idly podi and tomato chutney.I got this recipe from my athai(father's elder sister).Now a days my husband also start to love this dosa.When he was alone at Korea he prepared this Dosa for breakfast.
Wheat flour- 1cup
1. Roast the rava and mix with wheat flour.
2. Heat the oil,add mustard,g.chilli,curry leaves and chopped onions.
fry until onion will become golden brown.
3. Add water mix the wheat flour,rava and salt.
4. Batter should be in buttermilk consistency.Don't add too much water.
5. If it is too thick means u wont get tasty dosa.
6. Mix sauteed onions along with batter.heat the dosa pan.
7. Once it is hot,pour the batter,keep the stove in medium flame.
8. Add oil around the edges,allow it to cook.
9. Turn into other side,add little oil.
10. Serve hot with any chutney or idly podi.