Murukku is a Popular south Indian snack.There are different kinds of murukku.
Here is a simple Method to prepare Crispy Murukku.
Rice flour-3 cups
Urad Dal flour-1/4 cup
Butter/Hot oil-3 tsp
1. Mix all ingredients by adding enough Water.(Not too loose or so tight)
2. Stuff the Dough in Murukku Achu(press),press it into spirals directly on hot oil.
3. If your not able to do,press it on Back side of spatula,put into oil.
4. If it starts to boil,remove the spatula from oil.
5. Deep fry both sides until it will become crispy.
Rice flour-3 cups
Urad Dal flour-1/2 cup
Channa Dal-3 tsp
Soak Channa Dal and groundnut 30 min in water.
1. Mix all ingredients into Fairy stiff dough.
2. Make it into Small Lemon size Balls.
3. Using your fingers,pat each one into small circle shaped Thattai.(use plastic
sheets or Dry Cotton cloth).
4. Fry Thattai's on medium heat,until they are golden brown.
5. Now Thattai is ready.
Rice flour-2 cups
Urad Dal flour-3 tsp
Til/Sesame seeds-2 tsp
1. Heat the heavy Bottom pan,Dry roast the Rice flour in slow flame for 5-10 min.
2. Keep it aside.Let it cool.In kadai add powdered Jaggery & 1/4 cup water,Make it
3. Now mix everything,Make it into small balls as shown in pic.
4. In dry cloth spread balls keep it aside for 30 min.
5. Heat the oil in pan,once it is hot drop 8-10 balls.
6. Deep fry the seedai till it becomes golden colour.
7. Now Delicious Seedai is ready for Neivedyam.
Krishna Jayanthi marks the celebration of the Birth of Bhagavan Sri Krishna.Krishna was born on the 'Rohini' Nakshatram on Ashtami Day.It's also known as Gokulashtami or Janmashtami.Celebrations are held on a grand scale in All Krishna Temples.The pooja is performed in the Late Evening as Krishna was Born at Mid night.
Special Dishes like Murukku,Uppu seedai,Vella seedai,Thattai,Thenkuzal are made and offered along with Butter & Aval(poha).Patterns of small feet,Drawn with rice flour from Front yard to pooja Room.My mother is having Krishna Idol,so she will celebrate in grand manner every year.Minimum five varieties of snacks she will prepare on that day.In my Childhood I Like Krishna jayanthi and Deepavali because lot of snacks and jolly time for Sweet tooth.
Yesterday I prepared some snacks for Krishna Jayanthi.
My offerings to lord BalaKrishna Thattai, Murukku, Sweet seedai,Butter,Aval vellam(Jaggery & Cardamom mixed with soaked Poha) and Fruits.
Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,Hare Hare
Aadi month is considered as Highly Auspicious For Worshiping Shakti.This month mainly focuses for all the Amman's and it celebrated in Grand manner of All Amman Temples. This Tamil month marks the beginning of all festivals during festival season.All Fridays in Aadi month are considered highly Auspicious.Special poojas conducted for Amman and Nagadevatha.People will offer Milk and Egg to snakes.A lot of Festivals are celebrated in the month of Aadi
1. Aadi Puram
2. Varalakshmi Viratham
3. Aadi Perukku/Pathinettam Perukku
I prepared Lemon rice,Coconut rice,curd rice and Groundnut Chutney.
This festival when the river is worshiped as the Embodiment of woman falls on the 18th of Aadi.Wearing New clothes & Carrying Chitranna(sweet pongal,Coconut rice,Lemon rice,Tamarind rice)& variety of side dishes including pappad,vadagam, Chutney.People will go to Riverbanks & Worshiped the River waters with Traditional offerings like Coconut,Plantain,Betal leaf and Betal nut.Hailing the flowing river as Mother Kaveri,they adorned her with ear ring and black beads.Newly Weds are on this day offered special reception by the Bride's parents.People living on the banks of the Cauvery offers Special Pooja's to the River.
4. Aadi Amavasai
5. Aadi kiruthigai
6. Aadi Velli
All Friday's in the month of Aadi are highly Auspicious Especially the 1st 3rd and 5th.All Tamilian's will offer Maa vilakku on Aadi velli.
It is made up of Rice flour,Jaggery and Ghee.Here Preparation of Maa vilakku
Maa Vilakku(Lamp made of Rice Flour)
1. Wash and Soak rice for 1 hour.
2. Drain well and spread on clean cotton cloth for 10-15 min.
3. Grind the rice into fine powder using Mixer Grinder.(Seive 1 or 2 times)
4. Add powdered Jaggery mix well.Don't add Water.
5. Make it into Ball shape,using lemon press once on the Ball.
6. Pour ghee and place a thiri.
7. Light the Thiri and offer ur prayers.