Aadi month is considered as Highly Auspicious For Worshiping Shakti.This month mainly focuses for all the Amman's and it celebrated in Grand manner of All Amman Temples. This Tamil month marks the beginning of all festivals during festival season.All Fridays in Aadi month are considered highly Auspicious.Special poojas conducted for Amman and Nagadevatha.People will offer Milk and Egg to snakes.A lot of Festivals are celebrated in the month of Aadi
1. Aadi Puram
2. Varalakshmi Viratham
3. Aadi Perukku/Pathinettam Perukku
I prepared Lemon rice,Coconut rice,curd rice and Groundnut Chutney.
This festival when the river is worshiped as the Embodiment of woman falls on the 18th of Aadi.Wearing New clothes & Carrying Chitranna(sweet pongal,Coconut rice,Lemon rice,Tamarind rice)& variety of side dishes including pappad,vadagam, Chutney.People will go to Riverbanks & Worshiped the River waters with Traditional offerings like Coconut,Plantain,Betal leaf and Betal nut.Hailing the flowing river as Mother Kaveri,they adorned her with ear ring and black beads.Newly Weds are on this day offered special reception by the Bride's parents.People living on the banks of the Cauvery offers Special Pooja's to the River.
4. Aadi Amavasai
5. Aadi kiruthigai
6. Aadi Velli
All Friday's in the month of Aadi are highly Auspicious Especially the 1st 3rd and 5th.All Tamilian's will offer Maa vilakku on Aadi velli.
It is made up of Rice flour,Jaggery and Ghee.Here Preparation of Maa vilakku
Maa Vilakku(Lamp made of Rice Flour)
1. Wash and Soak rice for 1 hour.
2. Drain well and spread on clean cotton cloth for 10-15 min.
3. Grind the rice into fine powder using Mixer Grinder.(Seive 1 or 2 times)
4. Add powdered Jaggery mix well.Don't add Water.
5. Make it into Ball shape,using lemon press once on the Ball.
6. Pour ghee and place a thiri.
7. Light the Thiri and offer ur prayers.