Suhiyan is one of our favorite sweet. Usually i will prepare with Channa Dal. This time i tried using coconut.
For filling i followed recipe from my dear friend Lavi
For Outer covering:
Urad Dal- 1 cup
1. Allow it to soak rice & urad dal for 3-4 hrs.
2. Grind into smooth paste.add little salt.
3. The batter should be in exact consistency.(not too thick or thin)
4. Dip the coconut balls in batter one by one,deep fry in oil.
5. When it will turn golden brown,remove from oil serve hot.
I am sending this recipe to following events Kids Delight at Spicing your life
and Jihva Special Editon : The Festive Series. JFS:Diwali .
and Sireesha's Sweet series
and Priya's Feast Diwali contest