Badam halwa is a rich & Delicious dessert. My memories of halwa go a long way back . Halwa is one regular sweet which is Favorite to every one at Home. Every year my mother used to prepare Wheat halwa or White Pumpkin Halwa(Poosani). She used to prepare Minimum three variety of Sweet & snacks a week before Diwali . Me and My brother used to eat snacks & sweets instead of regular food. This is one of my own experiments which turned out to big success.Here my recipe
Badam - 100g
Sugar - 100g
Milk - 1cup
Ghee - 2 table spoon
Cardamom - 2
- Soak the almonds in hot water for 7-8 hrs.
- Peel the skin off the almonds. Blend the almonds into a fine paste using just enough milk as needed to blend.
- Add the sugar and whip it for a couple of minutes.
- Heat the ghee in the frying pan on low-medium heat.
- As the ghee melts, add the almond paste and cook on medium heat, stirring continuously.
- Continue stirring until the mixture thickens to the consistency of bread batter, and starts leaving the sides of the pan.
7. Add the cardamom powder. Remove the frying pan from the heat.
8. Pour it into the prepared greased pan.
9. Smoothen the surface of the mixture to about a quarter inch thick.
10. Let cool for about 30 minutes until it is just look warm.
11. Cut them into slices,keep it in refrigerator.
I am sending this recipe to Priya's Diwali 2009 contest & sireesha's Sweet series and
Purva's Diwali dhamaka & Sanghi's FIL-Ghee Event
Wish u a Happy & Prosperous Diwali to Every one