Kesari is a very common and popular sweet in south India especially Tamilnadu and Karnataka.It's popular neivedyam for Satyanarayana pooja in Karnataka.I heard it's traditional Karnataka dessert(Kesari bath).In hotels they will serve along with Rava upma.In Tamilnadu especially Chidambaram we will call it as Sojji.When ever relatives visit us amma will make kesari and bajji.Every Diwali early morning amma will prepare hot hot kesari along with idlies.Here i used 1/4 cup ghee,but u can add upto 1 cup(Equal proportion of Rava).Very important thing is u have roast rava properly(Golden brown).otherwise you will get Kesari like gum only.
Sugar-1 1/2 cup
1. Dry roast rava till golden brown and keep it aside.
2. In heavy bottom vessel or non-stick pan,add 1 cup of milk and 2 cups of water,allow it to boil.Add crushed Cardamom and pinch of kesari colour also.
3. Now reduce the flame,add roasted rava carefully so that no lumps are formed.
4. Wait till rava cooks well,add sugar mix well.
5. Add half of the ghee in kesari,mix well.
6. Heat remaining ghee in a pan,roast cashew and raisins.
7. Add roasted cashew and raisins with kesari,serve hot.