If u r looking for simple,healthy and comfort food this is very good choice.Rasam is most traditional southindian meals.Its very good for digestion also.Our meals are incomplete without rasam.Hot rasam rice and pappad is very good combination.For seasoning i used ghee instead of oil.It will give nice Aroma.If u want to avoid ghee u can use oil.Just try this once,after that u starts to love this rasam.
Cooked dhal-1/4 cup
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Rasam powder-2 tsp
Red chilli-4(cut into pieces)
1. Soak the tamarind in water for 30 min.Sqeeze the juice from it.
2. Chop tomato into pieces,add along with Tamarind water.
3. Add turmeric powder,salt,rasam powder,coriander leaves and cooked dhal with
4. Heat the ghee in pan,add mustard,curry leaves,Jeera,Red chillies and asafoetida.
5. Add along with tamarind water and allow it to cook.
6. Don't allow it to boil,before itself stopped.
7. Serve hot with rice and pappad.