I am extremely sorry my Dear Blogger Buddies for taking small break without informing to u all.We went to short trip to Madurai & palani.I was hospitalized for a week because of bad health condition due to travel.I am started to going for Work Again.So Now a days not getting free time like before.I missed your posts & Blogging.Now my health is better & back again for blogging.I missed my first blog B'day also.Last year January 28th I started My blog.I am celebrating 3 weeks later.I prepared this simple & yummy Dish.You can feed this to Kids starting from 8 months to all ages.Comfort & tasty evening snacks.There are many varieties Kozhukattai.But this is simple & tasty one. You can prepare salty version also.My mom used prepare this for us.My son used to eat this without any complaints.
Rice flour - 1 cup
Jaggery - 3/4 cup
Coconut - 1/4 cup ( cut into fine pieces)
Ghee - 2 tsp
Cardamom - 2 (optional)
1. Heat 1 1/2 cups water in a heavy bottom vessel.
2. When it's boiling,add 1 tsp of ghee & grated Jaggery.Once it melts fully,filter it once & starts boiling again.
3. Now add coconut & cardamom power. Mix well.
4. Now add rice flour,mix carefully,no lumps should be form.Cook for 5 min.
5. If it is too watery add little rice flour & mix properly.
6. You can shape it by pressing between your palms.
7. Grease idly plates using ghee,place kozhukattai.
8. Steam cook for 10-12 min.
9. Now tasty Pidi kozhukattai is ready to serve.