Mutton - 1/2 kg
Tomato - 2
Chilli powder -2 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
Salt -To taste
For Grinding :
Coconut Grated - 4 tsp
Pepper corns - 1/2 tsp
Poppy seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cloves - 3
Cinnamon - 1'
Fennel seeds (Sombu) - 1/2 tsp
Ginger - 1'
Garlic - 8 cloves
Preparation Method :
1. Wash & cut Mutton into Medium pieces.
2. Add salt,Turmeric powder,Chilli powder,Coriander,curry leaves & required water along with Mutton.
3. Pressure cook for 10 min or 6-8 whistles.If mutton is hard cook for another 4 whistles.
4. Heat the oil in pan,add onion,saute until become golden color.
5. Add chopped Tomatoes,cook til it will become soft.
6. Now add Grounded masala,fry for 1 min.
7. After that add mutton pieces ,Mix well & cook for 5- 10 min.
8. Garnish with coriander & serve with Rice,Idly or Dosa.
I am sending this recipe to EFM MUTTON SERIES conducted by Srilekha
I prepared these dishes for Pongal celebration. Have a look & Enjoy.I will give recipe details Later.
Puli sadam (Tamarind rice)
Sakkarai pongal(Sweet pongal)
Semiya payasam (Vermicelli kheer)
Parangikai pachadi ( Yellow pumpkin)
Kathirikkai masiyal (Brinjal Ghostu)
Vazhaikai poriyal ( Plantain)
Sarkarai valli kizhangu fry (Sweet potato)
Paavaikai pachadi (Bitter guard)
Avaraikai poriyal ( Broad beans)
Finally plain Vadas.