Navratna Kurma is a Delicious gravy with combination of Nine vegetables.It is a very popular dish in North India. You can add your choice of vegetables.It is a Excellent Combination with plain Parotta & Roti.
Chopped vegetables-2cups (combination of Carrot,beans,peas,beetroot,paneer,potato,gobi,Tomato)
Cashew - 10
Onion- 1 (optional)
Chilli powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Garam masala-1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
Curry leaves-1 arc
Butter or oil-2 tsp
Salt- To taste
Coconut milk - 1cup(small)
1. Heat the pressure cooker,add butter. Add onion,green chilli,curry leaves,saute well.
2. Add ginger garlic paste,saute well.Add chopped vegetables & cashew fry until the raw smell goes.
3. Add chilli powder,turmeric powder,garam masala & salt.mix well.
4. Add chopped Tomato,saute until it will become soft.
5. Pour 2 cups of water,pressure cook for 4 whistles.
6. Finally pour coconut milk,allow it to cook for 2 min.
7. Garnish with coriander serve hot with Roti.
Wishing you and your family a very happy and prosperous New Year
Thank you ASRA for passing this beautiful Award for me
Today I had decided on bread pudding because my son is keep on asking some desserts.I got this recipe from Priya's Easy N Tasty recipes . This pudding is pretty easy, I made small changes to the recipe. Instead of vanilla essence i used Pineapple essence. It came out really good.Here my recipe
Pineapple essence-1 1/2 tsp
Sugar for Caramel- 3 tsp
Walnuts- 3 tsp(crushed into pieces)
Badam flakes- 2 tsp( for decoration)
1. Put bread to soak in milk until it completely soft.Then smash fully.
2. Add essence,sugar & walnuts,mix properly.
3. Heat the pan add sugar,mix until it turns brown.Add 3 tsp of water,mix well.
4. Take a flat vessel,pour caramel,allow it to spread to entire vessel.
5. Now pour the bread mixture,cover with aluminum foil,make 4-5 holes in that.
6. Pressure cook with out using cooker weight for 30 min.
7. Wait until pudding is completely cool,Keep it inside the refrigerator for 1 hr.
8. Cut into pieces,decorate with almonds,serve cold.
Priya from Priyas Recipes passed this Xmas card & Thank you card.Thanks a lot priya for remembering me.
Wish you a happy Christmas to everyone.
Fish - 1/2 kg
Tamarind - Lemon size
Chilli powder - 3 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - To taste
For seasoning :
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds -1/4 tsp
Ginger - 1 small piece
Garlic - 3 flakes
1. Wash & clean the Fish with little Crystal salt.
2. Soak the tamarind with 1/4 cup of hot water for 15 min,Strain the water.
3. Add salt & turmeric powder to Tamarind water,Mash tomatoes in it.
4. Add chilli powder in it.Adjust salt & spicy according to your taste.
5. Heat the oil in pan,add seasoning ingredients,fry for a min.
6. Add onion,saute till it turns golden brown.
7. Add tamarind water,allow it to cook in medium flame.(5-10min)
8. Add fish allow it to cook for 2 min.
9. Garnish with coriander,serve with rice.
Chicken- 1/2 kg
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - arc
Coriander leaves -little
Salt - To taste
Chilli powder- 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Pepper powder -1 /4 tsp
Coriander powder- 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Curd - 3 tsp
1. Wash & clean the chicken & Marinate chicken using masala powders & curd for 30 min.
2. Chop onion & tomato into pieces.
3. Add little water,Pressure cook chicken for 5 whistles.
4. Heat 2 tsp of oil in pan,add onions ,curry leaves & saute till golden brown.
5. Add tomatoes,saute till it will become soft.
6. Add garam masala & boiled chicken,mix well.
7. Add required water,cover with lid & reduce the flame.
8. Allow it to cook for 4-5 min, Garnish with coriander .
9. Serve hot with Roti or Rice.