This is one of the most popular street side snack in Tamilnadu.This snack is prepared with channa dal/Bengal gram, crispy on outside and soft on the inside .Its such a simple and tasty dish.Amma will usually prepare this during some family feasts along with payasam.But i prefer to eat this along with tea especially during rainy days.I added little mint,it will give nice aroma.It taste best when they r freshly made.enjoy ur tea time with masal vadas.
Channa dal-1 cup
Coriander seeds-1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds-1/2 tsp
Curry leaves-1 tsp
Coriander leaves-1 tsp
Mint leaves-1 tsp(optional)
1. Wash and Soak Channa dal minimum 3 hrs.
2. Grind red chilli,coriander seeds,fennel seed,Garlic along with salt into Coarse powder.
3. Now add Dal along with this powder,grind into coarse mixture.
4. Don't grind them into smooth paste.
5. Now add chopped onion,green chilli,Curry leaves,Coriander leaves and mint leaves,mix well.
6. Make into small balls,flatten them in ur palm,Deep fry in hot oil.
7. Serve hot along with Tea.
Mixed Berries Lemonade
2 hours ago